Friday 30 October 2015

More Than Just a Wish

Since I joined my current school it has been quite hard to fit in. People in my school are in the upper class. It itches sometimes and maybe all the time. I want to be like them when I grow up and when I get there, I'll be a proud and independent lass. So it has become sort of a motivation. I want to study harder and harder and grab one of the brightest futures. Based on a real life experience. Read through.




I have been here for nearly an year but the impact is still the same. It follows me like a shadow, and eats me up like a hungry lion. I wish I was like them, that I would dress like them, talk like them, and be beautiful like them. I wish I wish! That's the only thing I can do for now. Is there a way we can interchange our lives even just for a moment? Because, I would never let go.


They drive to school, I walk. They eat nice food at lunch time, that I can barely afford not unless I want to "chonga viazi". They dress to kill, I dress to attempt to kill. They use Mac makeup but I use signature lipstick whereas, the rest of my makeup have a funny label. But at least I can fake a good image.They either have a British or American accent, while i am still struggling to speak fluent kawaida English.

I don't think I want this to last, because being " hustler" is frustrating. Hard-work will help me be like them. That makes me smile and get up every morning, keeping in mind that I can always change my current situation. Because, the future is in my hands.  I gotta do this. Rest assured, I'll catch up one day.

4 comments:

  1. I like your attitude on the matter. Just work hard and be true to yourself and they will be the ones wanting to be like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in campus too. Don't believe what meets the eye. You're actually living a better life than a good number of them. Trust me. mmb.co.ke is my blog address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Marvin, much of it is just show off.
    Let me check it out.

    ReplyDelete