Thursday 4 February 2016

What do you mean?





So I put on the dress I bought about a week ago, and choose my favorite pair of shoes. I am not a make-up kind of lady, but today I put on red lipstick and tied my braids nicely. When I arrived at school, guys told me how sassy I looked. And I thought to myself, “It’s the power of red lipstick.”


Only my favorite buddy, Joy, knew I was going on a lunch date with this guy whom I have had a crush on for the longest time. In a few hours, I was done with my classes and I couldn’t help myself from the anxiety. The clock was ticking so fast and my lunch date was drawing even nearer





I can’t describe the feeling exactly, but my heart was dancing in ecstasy. 1pm ticked and I begun to glance at my phone after every second. 1:20 pm reached and I encouraged myself to wait just a little longer. It was now 1:40 pm, and I began to worry. I decided to dial his number, but he wasn't picking. Again I said to myself, “you are getting too anxious, it’s still early.” I continued typing my work on my computer and for a moment, I chose to forget about the call I had been anticipating for so long.


It was now 2pm and I decided to try again. I dialed his number, “no answer.” At this moment, I don’t know what I felt. I was so disappointed, sad and I was wallowing in self-pity. I could not believe that he had just stood me up. Of course I didn’t cry.

I stood up from my seat and headed for lunch. I met a friend there and we began talking so loudly, you would think it was a normal day. Deep down, my heart was crashing into a million pieces. This was not the first time he was doing this to me. It was not the second, but it was the billionth time.

This being a new year, I was hopeful that things were going to change. I think the strong feelings for him had fooled me, and I didn’t like it. He had erred me so many times, but I had chosen to let go. I had decided to start a fresh with him and see if the second chance would work. Clearly, this being the second time he had stood me up this year, it had failed.

What shocked me most, is that he didn’t even call or text back. It felt like a break up. And crying was not an option. This was beyond tears and my eyes froze.

What to do now, is this how people take people for granted? How do you set up a date and then vanish just like that? I don’t know whether to continue calling you my friend, but to be honest, my devils are being aroused, slowly by slowly.










4 comments:

  1. hmmm quite interesting..
    at times its just takes one chance no second chances and rem crushes never last.u crush on someone just for their aloft sides not considering their badsides..
    better luck next time

    ReplyDelete
  2. life. love. shouldn't hurt. you're not here to suffer. there's always someone out there for everyone. keep looking. don't settle. your time is limited spend it on those that value it. those that are worth it. that said, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amanya, i agree with you that there is always someone for everybody. Albeit, there is that one person whom you can't stop caring about yet they don't give a damn about you.

    ReplyDelete